- Great for soot stains, burn marks, general exhaust discolouration.
- Solvent based dye (or ink).
- Dries quickly to a matt finish.
- Soot is very dark, least translucent of all translucent weathering liquids – almost opaque.
- Water soluble – Washes off non-porous surfaces, but more difficult to wash off compared to other translucent weathering liquids
Translucent Weathering Liquid – not very visible on dark surfaces
- Colour: Sooty black with a hint of blue.
- Best used on coal wagons and coal yards. Do not apply to models unless you wish create soot staining.
- Best not to use for general weathering unless you are experienced in using the colour.
- Apply neat, straight from the pot using a paint brush or air brush spray.
- Thin with water or thinning liquid
- Apply to a non-porous surface such as plastic, let dry, and then wipe using a damp cotton bud or tissue (kitchen roll), to create great weathered effects. (Dye will permanently stain porous surfaces).
- Can be made permanent by sealing with a fine acrylic fixative spray. Apply fine, mist coats so as not to dissolve the dye.
- Mixes with all other translucent weathering liquids.
- Contains no acrylic.
Weight for postage purposes is 40g. Full details of postage rates are available via the Customer Service page (see link at the bottom of this page).