- Darker, older brown/red copper rust colour, ideal for older rust colours.
- Covers dark surfaces.
- Solvent based .
- Dries quickly to a very high matt finish.
- Opaque when dry. Colour forms as liquids dries.
- Water soluble – Washes off non-porous surfaces.
Visible on dark surfaces
- Colour: Darker shade brown/red copper.
- Best used for darker shades of much older rust. This can be applied over the top of dry normal rust effect to highlight areas of older rust.
- This can also be applied at the same time as normal rust effect. Apply normal and copper rust in small patches allowing the edges mix. This will dry in patches of normal and copper rust shades. You can also add some yellow rust effect to create highlights as well.
- The effect is best and most realistic when applied to a textured or rough surface.
- Apply neat, straight from the pot using a paint brush or air brush spray.
- Thin with water or thinning liquid.
- Apply to a non-porous surface such as plastic, let dry, and then wipe using a damp cotton bud or tissue (kitchen roll), to create great weathered effects. (Dye will permanently stain porous surfaces)
- Can be made permanent by sealing with a fine acrylic fixative spray. Apply fine, mist coats so as not to dissolve the dye. Test first because some varnishes change the colour.
If you don't believe in magic, you my do so after using this; you'll end up looking for excuses to rust your models! Probably contains fairy dust.
Weight for postage purposes is 40g. Full details of postage rates are available via the Customer Service page (see link at the bottom of this page).