The Panzer III was developed in the mid-1930's as the main light tank of the German army. It began production in 1937 but did not enter full manufacture until 1939 with the PzKw Ausf F. Originally armed with 37mm KwK L/46.5 gun, they were refitted with the 50mm KwK 38 L/42 gun from August, 1940.
The Ausf.J was produced from 1941 to mid-1942 and saw service mainly in North Africa. Initially armed with the short-barreled 5cm KwK 38 L/42 gun, the Ausf. J was under-gunned, and its armament was replaced with the long-barreled 5cm KwK 39 L/60, and the tank was redesignated the Pz. III Ausf. J1. The Ausf. J1 received further modifications, which included extra armour and was redesignated as the Pz. III Ausf. L
The model is incredibly detailed and comes with a large range of stowage (inc. a bucket!) and fuel cans as well as spare track pieces and a commander.