The Panzer III was developed in the mid-1930's as the main light tank of the German army. It began production in 1937 but did not enter full manufacture until 1939 with the PzKw Ausf F. Originally armed with 37mm KwK L/46.5 gun, they were refitted with the 50mm KwK 38 L/42 gun from August, 1940.
The Ausf. L was a modification of the Ausf. J, armed with the 50mm KwK39 L/60 gun and two MG 34 machine guns. The major improvements included a new torsion bar gun counter balance, replacing the original the coil spring gun recoil mechanism, and significantly thicker armour, and spaced armour to counter anti-tank rifles. 653 were produced from June to December, 1942.
The model is incredibly detailed and comes with a large range of stowage (inc. a bucket!) and fuel cans as well as spare track pieces and a commander.