French light tank of World War I (originally named Renault FT) which is considered by some to be the world's first modern tank. It was certainly the first to have its armament within a fully rotating turret and its design (crew compartment at the front, engine compartment at the back and main armament in a revolving turret) remains the standard tank layout to this day.
Over 3,000 were made by French manufacturers, most of them in 1918, and another 950 of a licensed copy (the M1917) were made in the USA, but were not combat-ready in time. The tank's use continued in World War II and even into the later 1940s where it was used by Egypt the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
- 375 blocks
- 1 figure: French tank commander
- Block relicas of weapons: Modèle 1892 revolver
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Compatible with LEGO and other leading brands of construction blocks
- Model dimensions (length x width x height): 185mm x 75mm x 90mm
- Weight for postage purposes is 500g. Full details of postage rates are available via the Customer Service page (see link at the bottom of this page).