The Panzer III was developed in the mid-1930's as the main light tank of the German army. It began production in 1937 but did not enter full manufacture until 1939 with the PzKw Ausf F. Originally armed with 37mm KwK L/46.5 gun, they were refitted with the 50mm KwK 38 L/42 gun from August, 1940.
The Ausf.N was the last in the line of the Panzer III and entered production in June, 1942 until August, 1943. Also known as the Sturmpanzer III, about 700 were built. Our model is from march 1943 onwards, as may be discerned by the additional side armour on the turret. This model had the short 75mm L/24 gun in place of the 50mm.
The model is incredibly detailed and comes with a large range of stowage (inc. a bucket!) and fuel cans as well as spare track pieces and a commander.