The Panzer III was developed in the mid-1930's as the main light tank of the German army. It began production in 1937 but did not enter full manufacture until 1939 with the PzKw Ausf F. Originally armed with 37mm KwK L/46.5 gun, they were refitted with the 50mm KwK 38 L/42 gun from August, 1940.
The Ausf. M had the same modifications of the Ausf. L, and in addition smoke dischargers, a new deepwater exhaust, and some were fitted with skirt armour. 653 were produced from June to December, 1942. 250 were produced and many were later converted to StuG III's from 1943-44.
The model is incredibly detailed and comes with a large range of stowage (inc. a bucket!) and fuel cans as well as spare track pieces and a commander.